Downloaded torrents no longer complete

OttifantSir

I made a HUGE mistake yesterday: I didn't connect the external harddrive before starting uTorrent. This caused it to not find the .torrents. When I connected the harddrive, it started checking them. Something must have gone wrong, so now, I have lost over 100 GB worth of downloads. But not really. The files are still there, but uTorrent no longer shows them as downloaded. Any way I can rectify this?

Well, uTorrent checks the files, but can't see that they are complete. Some files I know are complete, files I have seeded for a few weeks (to get a decent ratio due to a slow upload line), is suddenly shown as not downloaded at all. It doesn't even show a few KB downloaded, even if the file is a DVD (4 GB+) and I know it's downloaded.

The way I have done it, regretfully for those who want it, is to close down uTorrent to deny it access to the files, and move the files to another directory. That way, I can still keep the files intact. However, I can't upload them anymore as it isn't uTorrent that has moved them, but I that have done it manually. So uTorrent no longer knows where it's located.

So, any other possibility?

Yes, I did that. The folder I download to uTorrent-temp. I tried setting it so finished downloads were to be moved to Complete Torrents so I could get a little more organized. I tried setting the .torrents to be stored in Torrent-Storage to avoid having to remove .loaded from them should the need arise. Still, only one of about 50 completed downloads was recognized as having moved to Complete Torrents, and being complete.

Archived