2 Copies of UTorrent

GregShutdown

Hi everyone.. I've got a small request and I know it's not hard ;)

I can use UTorrent in the local network tracker and the external net. The thing is, local traffic is free for me (Yipeee!) and I can seed 24/7 there.. And I can seed in the external net only during the night..

There are also other concerns etc.. now what I want..

I can have 2 different uTorrents, with separate settings and torernt storage (keep settings files etc in the utorrent.exe folder), this is no problem. And they run perfectly separately.. BUT! I can't run them both at the same time :(

So Pleaaaase.. can anyone disable this check, if a copy is running already? Or at least add an option in the advanced settings? +)

Yeeeees.. thanks )

This is SOOOOO unobvious (

I searched the forums and the FAQ, and nothing in there.. Really, add an option for this, or sth.. or at least put it into FAQ (

P.S. I have a non-"recover" uTorrent running and I ran the "recover" one.. I got this small dialog, and when I pressed "yes" (I unchecked all the checkboxes) it DELETED MY uTorrent.exe!!! WTF was that? :)))))))))

Second time I pressed No and now it's working )

Thanks!

It's described in the manual, but it's not recommended for general use anyway. 1.7 is *supposed* to have a feature that un-limits local peers (which would make it pointless for you to have multiple instances just for that reason), but it seems to be running into some technical problems.

Well.. Imagine the problem described above..

I use IPFilter.dat in the local version, and don't have it in the "external" version..

There's no possibility for that in uTorrent and I don't see the reason for that..

It's easier and better to use 2 uTorrents, + I can set a different Icon for one of them so I don't get mixed up..

Archived