Is there a description or explination of the tabs in Utorrent?

foreman1943

In Utorrent you have a top and bottom screen. The top screen has 17 tabs. The bottom screen has 6 main tabs with several elements in each one. For instance in the bottom screen under the General tab you have 3 other listings, Transfer which has 5 lines and 12 different elements, the Tracker which has 4 lines and 4 elements and General which has 4 lines and 6 elements. Then there is the Peers tab which has 10 elements in it, the Pieces tab which has 7 elements, the Files tab which has 7 elements the Speed tab which has 2 elements and the Logger tab which has 2 elements. Now most of these are self explanatory, but some are not.

My question is, does Utorrent have a description or explanation of these tabs and elements somewhere in this forum. I did a search and it said that it could not find them. So is there an explanation somewhere or could someone take the time to explain the info in them and what they do? I saw a description of the tabs in a RSS feed that explained the tabs there but I have not seen one for the 2 main screens.

It would be nice for a new member and for some older members to have a better understanding of what they are looking at when these tabs are displayed.

By the way, I'm using Utorrent 1.7 build 1672 I think. But all of the later builds have the same tabs so it be nice to know a little more as to what they are and the info displayed in them.

If you need more information as to what I'm talking about, just ask.

Yes. The user manual. Second link in my signature. It's not updated for 1.7, though I have the updated version on my computer (it's not uploaded or compiled as CHM yet). The one in my signature is more than enough to get by in understanding the interface, though.

Yes I was referring to the Guide and not the Manual. I haven't tried to print out the Manual yet but I will. If I have the same problem printing, I now know how to correct it. I'll let you know if it gives me a problem.

Again, thanks for the info on the Manual.

Foreman1943 Namaste :D :D

I just tried printing out some pages from the Manual and they print out fine. I didn't have to do anything special like I had to do for the Guides. So we were on two different topics in the previous post, but that's fine because I figured out how to print it without losing text on the right side like I did at first.

Your Manual prints out fine. Great Job.

Foreman1943 Namaste :D :D

Archived