Problems since installing LINKSYS router model BEFSR41

kjmarket

I never had any problems with uTorrent before this, now Im having problems. I have two PC's hooked intot he router..mine and my dads. My dads pc can run uTorrent semi-ok. I cant run it at all. I did not forward any ports and have upnp enabled. If I forward ports for each PC for utorrent, it will make no connections, though the green check will appear. If I leave no ports forwarded, it will make connections on my dads PC, but the speed is unbelievably slow. I downloaded a Pink Floyd torrent at over 120kb/sec before the router, theres like 550 leechers and 475 or so seeders. I tried that same torrent on my dads pc and even though he gets TONS of connections...the speed never goes above maybe 30-40 kb's/sec, but when it gets that high it drops to less than 10 and stays there. I had 20 connections to seeders and 48 connections to leechers and had a 1.5kb/sec download rate on my dads pc. Any tips?

As for mine...I cannot make any connections. I'll have 0 out of a bunch of seeders and 0 out of a bunch of leechers. Forwarding a port doesnt change this. If I leave the ports unforwarded, I usually see one or two connections....people uploading from me.

On either PC if I enable encryption..all connections drop and it wont remake them or make new ones.

I really need help on this one. Routers are new to me.

EDIT....should have mentioned my antivirus/firewall, just fyi. I use Kaspersky, and its set up to allow utorrent to do its thing. It gives no prompts about a program trying to access the internet, or whatnot.

IINM, the BEFSR41 is known to overload at around 200 connections, so you're gonna need to lower the global maximum number of connections -- by a lot. If you're using µTorrent on two computers, then the max should be set to something like... 50-75 on each.

Archived