2 uTorrent, no hashing?

nu1mlock

Hello!

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find anything about it when I searched. So here goes:

Is it possible to disable the hashing of files when uTorrent loads torrent automatically? It really slows down the computer. I don't want to give it low priority because then it never finishes.

Thanks,

nu1mlock

Yes, but it might not detect the current progress, meaning µTorrent might start downloading the torrent over from the beginning. Aside from that, if it does find the current files all there, and starts seeding, it has no way to verify that it is seeding uncorrupted data.

The aptly-named "Skip hash check" checkbox in the Add New Torrent dialog does what you want, but users are highly discouraged from using it.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer! As I'm the one creating the torrents I upload, there even less chance that something doesn't add up. I'm aware of the "Skip Hash Check" box, but that's not really what I'm looking for. I've configured uTorrent to automatically load torrents from a specific directory, and when doing that, it always does the hash check.

I've never had any problems when skipping the check in the past on the torrents that I've created.

Thanks,

nu1mlock

Archived