Can someone please help me with my lack of port forwarding

Fis0893@cup.edu

I dont know if i am stupid or not but i cannot port forward for my life. i have a linksys wrtg54g wireless router connected to another computer in my house through a cable modem. My desktop that is receiving a signal. the one i am trying to get the port to has a wireless g network adapter. I receive signal but my Utorrent still shows no incoming connections. I have read the port forwarding guide and port triggering guide. Still have no idea. Can someone please help me out?

that problem shouldnt apply from the version i have i just cant figure it out, do i need ip address from both cpus and router? then punch that in to port trigger and trigger it? i am also confused with ip/hostname under utorrents preferences i was also wondering if avast antivirus on access protection would be blocking it somehow even though i have utorrent set up as an exception

ok i think i figured something out to get me closer to the problem. after i think i figured out that in the preferences where it said that Ip/hostname that i needed to put my routers IP adress in. i did that the yellow exclamation saying no incoming connections turned red and is saying not connectable and that i need to open up a port and that a firewall or router is limiting that. could it be my encryption for my secure network that is blocking me if so how do i get around this problem or fix this problem

Archived