1.5 kB/s max download speed it was +/- 200 kB/s last week???

canadiankoptie

My uTorrent program was working fine for the last two months. I did not change any options, but now my download speed has gone down to 0 - 1.5 kB/s max even when downloading slackware-12.0-iso. My speed tests have averaged 989 Kb/s down and 585 Kb/s up. The green check mark is at the bottom of my screen. I have tried following the set-up guide, firewall exception, disabling DHT and UPnP, I lowered my net.max_halfopen to *4, enabled encription, and patched TCPIP.sys (twice). My provider is Cablerocket (Canada) and I have Windows XP. My anti-virus is Avast! My current setting are;

Upload limit: 59kB/s

Upload slots: 6

Connections: 100

Connections (global): 600

Max active torrents: 3

Max active downloads: 2

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Exactly the same problem, with (almost) the same setup as given in the first post.

Just yesterday speed was about ~170 kb/s, now it doesn't even reach 0.5 kb/s... I did not even touched my machine - speed just dropped without any obvious reason (seeds connected - 0, 11 in swarm (when I restart it shows about 900 in swarm, then after a while resets to 11)).

EDIT: and the good news is that with any other torrent is all the same now - ~0.1 kb/s both upload and download (those torrents from openoffce.org doesn't even start).

It's getting annoying - is it possible to download anything without experiencing ANY problems, without going through ages of messing with system just to find out that with next torrent it still doesn't work...?

Ah, never mind...

is it possible to download anything without experiencing ANY problems, without going through ages of messing with system just to find out that with next torrent it still doesn't work...?

Try rebooting your router and then rebooting your computer (some routers are rebooted by unplugging the power for 15 seconds).

Check to make sure you have a single upload port set in uTorrent (e.g., 15001) and that this port is open in your router.

Try selecting a Torrent you are trying to download, right click and select [pre]Advanced -> Reset Bans[/pre]

Finally, some Trackers get overloaded and so you cannot connect and the Torrents will not download (no peers are reported). Also, some Trackers require "keys" or passwords; try downloading the Torrent directly fromthe Tracker.

Archived