RCs will not even start.

Ketrel

I have the following problem

I've been using the betas, with random ones up to build 2539. With these betas, I always chose the unpacked versions. However, I have this problem with the RCs.

I try to run it, but it never shows. In my task manager, it shows up and is using ~5063kb of ram. I tried killing the process, but it would not go away. Only after approx. 5 minutes would the process finally end. I switched back to build 2539 and it's working perfectly.

This is on WinXP SP2.

(Note, I have tried RC2 and RC4)

Security software, AVG Free Antivirus, and Comodo Personal firewall, and no I did not ever try the UPX builds.

I don't think it would be my security software, because AVG doesn't complain and Comodo never pops up an internet alert nor logs any attempt at a connection meaning whatever's happening with the RCs, it's not even get to that part.

Also, once I finally killed the process, I re-tried the build 2539 (unpacked) and it's working perfectly.

They worked. For kicks, I tried RC4 again after trying those, there was a storm last night so I had shut down my system completely. It appears that the RC is working too. It looks like whatever was causing the problem was fixed by a cold boot where a normal reboot did not work.

Archived