Running programs when torrents complete

TheTooleMan

I looked and could not find an example of the types of programs that could be run after a single torrent completes. In the Properties/Advanced tab, what are the limitations of the string that can be entered in the "Run program" dropdown box?

Would it be possible to run xcopy or another command to move or copy files from one location to another? An example of this would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Thanks. Any other suggestions, examples, etc. would be appreciated. Or if they are already posted on this site, please point me to it. I am most interested in what the software designers had in mind when they provided this option.

I am asking about the "run program" option because I have had problems getting downloaded files to download directly to a server rather than the client machine running uTorrent. Looks like the solution is to use the UNC of the server rather than a shortcut in "My Network Neighborhood." Apparently either uTorrent or Windows 2000 sees the nethood shortcut as a directory on the client rather than a pathway to the server. But using "file/add torrent (no default save)" and then supplying the UNC as the download path works fine. For example, "\\server01\video\"

Archived