Using my Network

EternalUprise

Hi Everyone this is my First post. I'm Having trouble using my network to send a torrent to another computer. My desktop has the original file and i wanted it on my laptop, so to avoid an agonizingly slow file transfer over MSN or AIM I had the idea of using the trackers on the torrent on my desktop onto my laptop and wow it worked. My laptop recorded a speed of 2.1 MBps and transfered a 500 MB video in about 10 minutes or so. Then i sent another file however this file was still in the progress of downloading but again my laptop recorded a speed 2.1 MBps until it caught up with the progress of the file on my desktop. ok so now the file on my desktop is done and i go to send the rest of the file to my laptop and...nothing. my laptop is on the peers list but its not receiving or sending anything or i get sudden bursts of like 700KBps for a couple seconds then it goes back to nothing. All my ports are forwarded, Local peer discovery is on and I haven't changed anything from when i did it the first two times. can someone please help as to why this might have happened.

Thanks

Can you try manually re-adding your laptop's IP address to the desktop's peer list? It might be a funkiness I noticed as well while testing LPD before...

(I once noticed, and mentioned to a developer, that µTorrent didn't automatically start transferring to LPD peers until I manually re-added the IPs)

Archived