"Error, There is Missing files"

c0ldr0ses

Hello, I have been a longtime and faithful utorrent user until recently the program has been acting up on me a numerous amount of times. Specifically, when I am downloading and HD WMV film from a reliable torrent website the download goes for a few minutes until a red X apears where the d/l arrow should be, and a poorly structured phrase appears that says, "error, there is missing files".

Now I have tried to update trackers, etc, but it I cannot find out what the problem is. This is troubling to me because it only seems to happen when I download HD WMV films which is very strange because besides the size, it is no different from any other type of file that you can download, wheather it be AVI, x.264 etc.

So if anyone else has experienced this problem or has any light to shed, please feel free to respond and I look forward to you help.

thanks in advance, c0ldr0ses

EDIT***

I just checked up on the torrent and it has changed to, "error, not enough space on the disk", which is really not possible because I have over 1.6 terabytes free on my HDD. So now I am even more concerned. Would switching clients help do you think??

> I just checked up on the torrent and it has changed to, "error, not enough space on

> the disk", which is really not possible because I have over 1.6 terabytes free on my

> HDD. So now I am even more concerned. Would switching clients help do you think??

Beats me if that would help.

That's a lot of free space. As an experiment, can you try putting uTorrent's destination directory on a drive with less free space? My thinking is that 1.6 TB is so much free space, that it might be overflowing the variable(s) used in calculating the space remaining on the drive.

If that helps, then congratulations -- you have found a bug in uTorrent!

Please report back!

Archived