Checking port/ Error showing wrong IP address

spezzational

Hey, I'm having some problems with Utorrent. I keep getting the Yellow warning (no incoming connections), speeds are slow, and when I test if port is forwarded properly using the speed guide I get this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 43*** on 74.104.******

Error! Port 43*** does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I checked what my IP address is and it's not the one that shows up above in the test.

I went into my router and checked port forwarding and it's still set up properly

It has been working fine lately, but I lost my internet connection on my pc for 20 minutes or so late at night and got it back and ever since then it's been messed up.

I'm through a router but on the other pc's utorrent is green light and forwarding properly but still with the wrong IP address.I'm also incapable of using msn messenger sometimes, only since utorrent has been acting up.

I recently was using Proxies for a tracker and it was slowing everything down and I was losing incoming connection(in utorrent) while I had the proxy applied. it was a firefox plugin which I have now uninstalled but still no luck.

does anyone have any idea what's going and how I can fix it sorry for the long read wanna make sure not to forget things. any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.S this is what I have on my pc if it helps

Windows Xp Media Center 2005 update rollup 2

Utorrent 1.7.5

no firewalls

What modem are you using? What router? Have you set a static IP up for your computer?

And the IP address being shown isn't incorrect. It's your WAN IP address. You were expecting the LAN IP address that you forwarded to from your router, but WAN (external, Internet IP) is different from LAN (private, local network IP).

Archived