offline ( timed out )

clindman

I've been downloading for a year now and everything worked fine. I haven't changed any settings, but now it downloads for an hour when I start the program, then it updates tracker automatically and it takes minutes (used to take a few seconds ) and than it says

offline ( timed out ). It keeps downloading and uploading, but still it's killing my ratio. When I exit µTorrent and I start it again it does the same thing. Can somebody please help me, it's not like I can check it every hour and turn it off and on. Thanks.

First link in my signature regarding interrupted connections. We'll need more information if nothing there helps (read the thread carefully, and you'll know what information we need).

Also, when was the last time you performed a Windows Update, and what OS are you using?

I just came home, checked the comp, and it's working now, really don't know what happened, but it looks normal, I tried updating tracker manually, it took only 3 seconds and said working. The only thing I did, I run Spybot search and destroy and immunized 4 entries, so maybe that did it. So happy it works again. Anyway, I'll check out your links, maybe I find something useful for the future problems. Thank you. :)

Archived