Won't port forward...is a speed problem

Briantb_2008

I've came on here and ask when I started using utorrent how to port forward. And was told how do everything. That was over a year ago, Now every sense I got the latest version of utorrent it won't port forward properly and I'm stuck with a yellow indicator light. I have my system firewall off as well as full access granted throu McAfee. I have changed the port numbers a few times and made sure the changed numbers would be the same for the router. But still get an error message that it is not portfowarding. I have no idea why. And the current utorrent will suddenly crash for no reason. Happened two times in the last hour. Any help would be nice.

Seconed Post

More info> I have a netgear WGR614 v6 router I know this router has problems portforwarding when it comes to a Mac OS but i'm running windows so some help would be nice.........

Re the port forwarding: check your IP address in a DOS window: ipconfig

Is it the address you have forwarded the port to in the router?

What firewall are you using if not the built-in? You need to open the port on that firewall, too.

Re the crashes: I had probs on WindowsXP with WPA2 on wireless with the Netgear WGR614v7 and switched back to wpa authentication mode because the wireless connection kept resetting.

Also check that in utorrent-->Bittorrent-->local peer discovery is disabled. And don't enable "resolve IPs" (right click in the Peers tab).

Also try and set the advanced option "net.max-halfopen" to <= 4.

I check the IP address in cmd it changed the ip address from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.3 made that change in the portforwarding and now its portforwarding correctly. I know i didn't change the number but why was it a 3 instead of a 2 like it was origanl then. My problem is solved, thank you, but an answer to this would be nice.

your router serves as a DHCP server: a service that assigns an IP address to the network devices which connect to it.

if you have a laptop with both, Network Card and Wireless option, you might have connected to the router once with the the card and a cable. then your router has assigned the xx.2 to the card.

later on, you have connected via wireless and you then got the next free ip address in the line: the xx.3.

Archived