Controls over the tabs...

monsterous2008

When I said asked about implementation, I was actually asking how you envisioned it to work (not how it would be coded) since your first post was unclear, but your last post made it a tad bit more clear. With that said, I honestly don't see the logic in making the Up/Down keys flip through the tabs. It's absolutely unintuitive, and probably goes against any kind of normal HIG schemes. The tabs are laid horizontally left-to-right, so having the up/down keys flip them screams "WTF?" (IMO).

Making Up/Down the default keys for changing tabs would render Up/Down useless for selecting items in a listview by keyboard. I'd say this kind of request would come out with an absolute rejection with the way things have always been in µTorrent (attempting to conform to standard Windows application behavior whenever possible).

Edit: I fail at reading?

OH. Misread the post on that part (indeed, he was asking for left/right to switch tabs). In that case, what about left/right when you have a horizontal scrollbar in the listviews? And it still doesn't make much sense with regards to intuition or in comparison to any other usual Windows application standard behavior...

*Maybe* Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab would make a bit more sense, but I still tend to disagree with that just a teeny bit, as Ctrl+(Shift+)Tab usually works only when some control within the tab is actually focused (and that won't always be the case with µTorrent's multi-pane view).

Archived