Some Port Forwarding Issues

Mortifix

Well I know you guys probably get these issues all the time, but I figured I would throw my problem out there and see if I get an answer. Well I have been using uTorrent for quite awhile and just recently I have been able to get a green checkmark. I had my ports forwarded on my router and I didn't change anything to make it stop. I have bellsouth and I don't think they block ports. Well I have a Netgear WPN824v2 router and a Westell 6100 modem. Is there anything that I can/need to do on my modem to get green again (i.e. do I need to forward the port on the modem as well as the router, or do DMZ or IP Passthrough). Thanks.

You might probably want to set the Westell to bridge mode while making note of the PPPoE settings, then copy the PPPoE settings to the Netgear. Assuming you forwarded the port properly from the Netgear to your computer, it *should* work fine. There are other solutions, but that one's probably the easiest.

Um, if you're going to go with the DMZ or manual port forwarding route, you're going to need to make sure the Netgear has a static IP on the Westell's subnet.

Archived