down & upload speeds

slowgo

while downloading the latest client for silkroad online, I started at 100 + KBPS download & 200 + KBPS upload for a smooth 2 hour download time I come back 3 hours later & I now show I have 3 days to go only 56 % done, download is now 3 KBPS & upload is 6 KBPS. speakeasy shows me at a 4902 KBPS download speed & 1822 KBPS upspeed...what am I missing here?

Thanks, I will try the link. I have my upload limit at 2240 KBPS, the speed test from speakeasy showed me at 1822 KBPS upload, that was the closest option per instructins in the speed guide. I tried to check the port stuff, but if got real confusing so I just let it the same as it was set when I started. My speed was great for an hour then it dropped off after I was 50 % complete.. But I will try the link. Thanks.

If there are many leechers on a file but few seeders, you may find very fast download speed until you have caught up with all of the other peers. When you are at the same percentage as most of the peers you begin waiting for the few people that have 100% of the file. This can cause the symptoms that you are describing when there is nothing wrong with your settings. You can verify this by looking at your peers list for the file in question.

I hope this helps,

TC Harp

Archived