NEED REAL HELPPPP Please Please {Yellow traingle=Bermuda Traingle}

vinayak_00740

Hello. I Am Fed up

I have windows XP sp1 , Nis 2007, Realtek Realtek RTL8139D Family Fast Ethernet NIC

I have ordered an 128kbps connecton from TATA Indicom in India I Get a Yellow Light constantly on Utorrent and the download speed is horrible as 1-5kBps

I did all this to increase my download speed

1} Used the TCPIP patch

2} Configured NIS Firewall

3} used PortForward but no change in the yellow light

4} Formatted PC and reinstalled OS and then tried but same Problem

5} Downloaded OpenOfficeOrg and got constant speed of 15kBps and peak of 35kBps

6} used FlashGet to download torrents and got constant speed of 10-12 kBps

I now think that Yellow traingle=Bermuda Traingle

I love Utorrent BUt PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Help me to get rid of yellow triangle and get the green tickmark

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Connection Specific DNS Suffix Description............RTL8139D Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Physical address.............00-E0-4C-20-18-BD

Dhcp Enbled.............NO

Ip address...............10.40.xxx.xxx

Subnet Mask............225.225.254.0

default Gateway...........10.40.100.1

DNS Servers.............172.31.6.5

Sorry i didnt do the cmd chk i had previosly saved

I Shud Enter http://10.40.100.1 in the proxy rite

Proxy connect error:No connection cud be made becauseTarget machine Actively refused it.

In the UT logger:

UPnP:could not map UPnP Port on this pass,Retrying

NAT-PMP: Unable to map port with NAT-PMP

UPnP: Unable to Map Port 10.40.xxx.xxx:62696 with UPnP

NOW the Seeding is Also in red colour but get upload speed of 6-15 kBps for

Torrent:Into the Wild[2007]DvDrip[Eng]-FXG

I Just Tried Speed test at dslreports it shows

Dn speed 123kbps

upload speed 94 kbps

latency 280ms

• 3 weeks later...

Vinayak, I am also based in india and have a tata indicom connection - if I understand your config you do not have hardware/ modem/ router but a 'metro ethernet connection' through LAN cable. You cannot forward ports because you have no router. I too ran into the same problem. I however, upgraded to a 2 MBps connection and on this I get upto 240 kBs. DL and 50 UL despite a permanent yellow light

I spoke to tech support of the ISP and they told me that if I want to forward the port I can purchase and set up my own router but they still do not guarantee that it will work. Advise you to upgrade the speed or switch to MTNL/ BSNL Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem in mumbai. I am having tata indicom 512 kbps connection but still utorrent shows "not connectable" and it shows usual red triangle!! i really want to share (read seed) the torrents with others but helpless. tried everything but tata people say they do not block any port. wondering then what is the problem..?? all torrent forums then consider me as leecher. what to do? any solution...?? I have continued with Tata because that is the only ISP in india that gives full speed in 512 kbps connection viz. 64 KBps UP and 64KBps DN. yes, guaranteed. Earlier i was having connection from hathway, but due to miserable performance and all CPE and wiring at all, i told them to f*** off.

any solution please...? Vinayak and 'bombaygal' if you have found the solution please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Archived