Please Help

cozmic6

I desperately need someones help. I have downloaded µTorrent, on the recommendation of a very good friend. I am not a computer literate person. All of this talk of forwarding ports, and all of the other jargon that I have come accross, is really confusing me! Sorry, I have been to the FAQ and read and read and read, I have been and read most of the forum on the problems with speed site. Can someone help me to configure my computer and my modem, my speed is so low its almost going backwards, and it must be very frustrating for the people trying to upload to me.

My computer is using Vista Ultimate 32, Processor Intel ® Pentium ® D CPU 3.00 GHz 2.99 GHz RAM 767 mg

My Router is connected directly to this computer and it is a D-Link DWL-2100AP. This is all the info I have.

Apart from going back to school to learn all of this stuff, I can´t think of anything else to do. I have got a static IP address I think? I followed the instructions of Port Forward.com but I am still being told that my Port is not open, whatever that means?

I also did the thing with Port Forward in them reading my router, but that is as far as I have got.

Please help, this yellow triangle and the speeds of 0.1 to 5 or 6 is driving me crazy.

Archived