How to auto-resume downloads when uTorrent is opened?

zoso

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies in advance for a noob question and for bumping in this thread - if I should make a new thread rather than bumping this one please let me know, Im not sure of the etiquette here yet.

I'm posting here because I'm also a new user of uTorrent 1.4 with a similar problem to others in this thread, yes I already read the FAQ and searched but I'm still in the dark.

I am *not* using the same directory for torrents and files although most likely its something else I've missed, but I dont know enough about uTorrent yet to solve it by myself. Here's the setup:

1. When I close and restart uTorrent, some previously loaded torrents are no longer loaded (not all, just the most recent ones). The workaround is to go into the torrent folder and delete the .loaded extension, uTorrent will then obligingly load them and ask where I want the files (I gather you can specify with a command where to save files belonging to each torrent, but I'm still working on understanding the syntax for that).

I noticed these newly added torrents are not saved in %AppData%\uTorrent, irrespective of the mode the torrent is in when uTorrent is closed. ie there are 67 torrent files in a folder C:\Torrents but only 53 torrent files in %AppData%\uTorrent (no not all running at once :-P)

However, after exiting uTorrent I can see the name of most if not all of these new torrents in %AppData%\uTorrent\resume.dat, along with a bunch of hexadecimal stuff; but when it restarts these new file references seem to be wiped from resume.dat.

2. Also it cant seem to see the partially completed files from the manually loaded torrents and shows these files as 0% complete when some are 80+ %. Force recheck does not discover any % of completed files either.

How can I fix it? It is getting rather tedious manually adding these every time I restart uTorrent. Is there a parameter I have inadvertently changed which is preventing these from being saved perhaps?

Archived