When opening a new torrent, remember folder for selected label

iElectric

Ok, I will try to explain. When you open a torrent you get that box like in bitcomet... And you can label the torrents. It would be nice if utorrent would remmember which folder did you choose for let's say "home video" label and next time you want to start a torrent and choose "home video" it automaticaly change directory for that label

You dont get my point.

You can label every torrent. (im using latest beta 389). When you open a torrent you can type in a label or select one of those that you already typed in history. What I suggest is, that when you label a new torrent "program" and put it in lets say D:/files/programs/, next time you choose that label in drop menu, it automaticaly changes directory to D:/files/programs/. If i choose "game", it changes to D:/files/games/ or whatever folder i used last on that label

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#What_are_labels_and_what_can_they_be_used_for.3F

check "Move completed downloads to: D:\Files" and "Append the torrent's label to the directory name". i don't like pop-up dialogs, so check "Put new downloads in:" and "Automatically load torrents in directory:" too. all i have to do select a proper label before things got downloaded.

i have a long list of gui.persistent_labels, like "Lossless\Jazz", "Lossless\Soundtrack", "Games", a torrent labeled "Lossless\Jazz" will go into "F:\Files\Lossless\Jazz".

it will be a problem if you like to put them into different drives, a tricky solution is using junction point on NTFS drive. e.g. having a juntion point "F:\Files\Games"-->"E:\Games", a torrent labeled "Games" will go into E:\Games. a small free utility called "junction" from www.sysinternals.com, you can find more info there.

Archived