.torrent file association screwed up.. won't auto-open anymore

vesper8

Hi everyone

I'm having this weird problem where when I click on .torrent files it won't auto-open them in utorrent anymore.

It happened after I changed the location of my shortcut that points to utorrent

I've redowloaded utorrent.exe since.. and when it asked me if I wanted to associate it I clicked yes but it wasn't work. So what I did was download a .torrent file, then used the 'open with' and chose 'always use this program' and browsed to the downloaded utorrent.exe

now the funny thing is.. if I double click on a torrent file.. or click it off the web.. nothing happens. but if right-click on a downloaded .torrent file and then choose 'open with' and click utorrent from the list.. then it works

any ideas? could it be that.. the downloaded utorrent.exe is not the actual utorrent program and I need to point it to the right exe which is installed somewhere else?

The downloaded exe is all that you need to point to. But what's this about you changing the location of the shortcut that points to µTorrent?

Maybe you can go to Folder Options and delete the torrent entry, and try setting the association in the client again.

Archived