Connection closed by peer?

desiprinze

Hi, I'm trying to use utorrent at university and I ran into a number of problems. First the university wouldn't load a .torrent page online so I couldn't click on torrent links. I solved that with downloading through txtor. Next none of the trackers are working. The status of each tracker tells me that the "connection closed by peer." I'm not sure what that actually means but I'm pretty sure the university is doing it since I could download easily at home, but ever since I've been dorming here, I can't manage to do anything :/. And its a long way out of here. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Heres a linked picture of the problem: http://i36.tinypic.com/2agiur9.jpg

"connection closed by peer" indicates that something between you and the tracker is blocking/terminating the connection. Whoever owns the internet connection doesn't want you contacting trackers -- AKA BitTorrent is not allowed on your network.

Seems they're blocking every stage of BitTorrent traffic, from the metadata info to the bootstrap to (I would assume) even the peer communications. I wouldn't expect to be able to do anything about it. You can always try a VPN service, but I myself have never tried using one, so I can't really say much about its efficacy.

Archived