User-Mapped Section Open

Noxious020189

I use uTorrent to download episodes from Revision3's website. With any torrent that I try to download I sometimes get an error every so often, and some times I do not. The torrent will load in to uTorrent, start downloading, but at a random time give me this error:

"Error: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open."

I thought that it was because I was using that sector of my hard drive at the time, so what I did was stop using it and went to bed while I was downloading it. Well in the middle of the night it completely stops my download, and then just gives me that error. The thing is, is that if I click Force Start it continues from where it left off before the error with no problems. I have had to do this with almost every torrent I have downloading since I started using uTorrent.

*NOTE* Just because I click Force Start dose not mean it keeps going. It sometimes gives me the exact same error on the same torrent many many many times that if I want the torrent to finish I have to babysit it. It is begging to be an annoyance.

My Specs:

Windows XP SP3 w/ Up to Date Hotfixes

uTorrent 1.8.1 Beta (even without beta I still had this problem on 1.7.7 and 1.8)

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=41702

In that thread, please...

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents there

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file there

Archived