Jump to content

Router Issues


Recommended Posts

I haven't used BT in a while. Never on my new ISP. A few files caught my eye recently so I decided I would download the newest version of uTorrent and get it up and going. After selecting a port and configuring my new router I thought I was ready to get going... thought..

All day I have been trying to get this stupid router to work right, no success. I have tried many different configuration options in the uTorrent client, and on my router itself. Nothing. The best speeds I could get was roughly ~30kb/s down and ~5kb/s up on average. This is absolutely horrible. Now, I am no leacher and never have been a leacher. I always contribute atleast my fair share if not more on many occasions.

I have given up on the router, and ATM am currently connected directly to my modem and everything is working great. Right now I am currently 123KB/s down and and 46KB/s up. Much healthier.

How ever, I don't like the fact that I have to bypass my router. But I don't know what else to do. I opened the port that I am using on my router (58771) to forward to my PC, I am not a total idiot when it comes to port forwarding, so I know that is not the issue. I have also dumbed the firewall on the router down, completely turning off SPI, and the works. I even tried putting my PC in the DMZ on the router and that also had no effect. I also set a rule on my software firewall to allow all traffic on port 58771, again.. did not help.

My router is a D-Link, DIR-615. If I can't figure this issue out, I guess it's not a huge deal. I will just terminate my network when I need to use uTorrent... lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...