Firewall + uTorrent: How do I set up my Firewall settings?

PhicklePhingers

Heya all!!

I actually registered just so i could post this thread with hopes of getting a solution.

I spent a good 3 hours today trying to figure out how to set up my firewall to improve download times. Now I'm a computer savvy person and found many forum threads on the subject, but have had no success to this point. I hope someone reads this and can give me a reasonable solution.

I downloaded uTorrent and the first time I downloaded a torrent file noticed the downloading time was appx. 1 hour. So this led me to believe that my TrendMicro PC-cillin firewall was interfering with the process. I came onto your website and found a link that was related to the issue, and followed steps layed out in a different thread and this did not work.

So my question is how do I set up TrendMicro PC-cillin's firewall too enable a green light instead of being stuck with ridiculously slow DLing times? I'm hoping someone has the same firewall program and could possibly give me a more indepth step-by-step. What I'm ultimately interested in is how to add uTorrent to the exceptions list.

Hello,

Spot on The_Nephilim. The link you provided was just the answer I was looking for. I was actually very close to setting it up right in my previous attempts. Just kept missing the step of seeing the specific port to open.

I appreciate the rapid response. Also I would like to recommend others with port forwarding issues to the same site you provided. Portforward.com is a very thorough and user friendly site. It provides very clear step-by-step directions as well as gives you screen shots of the whole process.

Once again thanks.

Archived