It won't port forward

sadisticangel

I have done what the website had said, but it drops off at the last step:

For my router it asks if I want to "Host" or "Dynamic" and Dynamic doesnt fix it, and when I click Host it asks for an IP which I have no idea what to put in there (I have tried both IP's for my router, and the default one as well).

According to my McAfee, and Windows Firewalls, both allow uTorrent to work. And yeah, I am a total newb to this stuff. ....Thanks in advance!

Thank you! I'll give it a shot. :) I am getting a real kick out of me not knowing anything about torrent, etc especially since everyone considers me their home service computer fixer (no matter how many times I tell family, and friends they seriously dont understand that I really only know a fraction of what computers can do/need to be fixed with. Oi...) So for me to need someone else to help me it's finally, like, hey! Proof I dont know everything you think I do! :D

Also it's a Westell B90-327W15-06.

Now it is acting up again. And the Westell site is saying the password is incorrect for some reason. That website is actually how I tried to fix it the first time, and with the static IP instructions you gave me, worked for awhile.

What I don't get is why suddenly my modems IP is not letting me login into the website for itself. I was going to make sure that the settings remained for what I had set per Port Forward instructions.

lmao nope. In the name of insanity I tried it 10 times and made sure everything is ok.

Apparently the router is crudding out on us as a whole, so I am thinking that when my dad called our service provider (I think thats who), I think they changed something this morning.

My downloads are going to take a couple days each by the looks of it I am guessing until the new router comes in. If it is a different model, I *in theory* just make another port foward for it, and it should work then right? It bugs me that the password is different now though.... Can someone hack and change that?

Archived