Crash probably caused by IPFilter.dat and Socket.log + UTP.log

duytrung

utorrent-1.9-alpha-13583.uncompressed.exe

Windows XP SP3

Ram: 3G

I updated my IPFilter.dat then run Utorrent. I found that in the folder of Utorrent has 2 files *.log namely Socket.log + UTP.log. After working for awhile, these files become larger about 300MB each. I deleted the files and then they reappeared. So they make the cpu usage larger and my computer became nearly hang up.

I have a dump in %temp% directory but it is too large and the upload into mediafire.com took too long for me to wait. Upload 17Mb compressed file took me nearly 30 min but failed so many times. It seemed that mediafire restricts users from my country. So I uploaded the dump-error into rapidshare.

Here is the link:http://rapidshare.com/files/171797558/WERb618.dir00.rar.html

May be I will wait for later beta for testing. Now I switch back to the final version.

@duytrung: Don't blindly use a build without understanding the purpose, or when/how to use it. The instructions in the announcement thread were explicit: you shouldn't be running the log-dumping builds for extended periods of time. If you're going to use the build, then pay attention to how long you run it for. If you can't do that, then use the non-logging build.

• 2 weeks later...

@razhar: Wrong. Read-only helps no one. The point of the build is to create those logs, and if you don't allow it to log (or monitor it actively while it's logging), then you should not be using it. Read the first post of the annoucement thread more carefully if you want to find the non-logging build. It isn't that difficult, and the only way someone would not see it is if they clicked links randomly (not a very smart practice on the Internet).

Archived