what does a * mean?

valleballe

obviously i already tried stopping everything except for one of the packs i wanted to seed. then again im rather new to this so i have no clue what sites runs what seeding goals and such. i only downloaded this to increase my ratio, and boy was i disappointed when it hasnt started seeding :P maybe i should just wait and see then?

OK, if the status isn't queued seed, what does the status column say in the main torrent pane, or in the General tab?

Upon re-reading your post.. it sounds like you were just invited to a tracker, and thought downloading a large torrent you were interested in was a good idea :/ You have fallen victim to "selective downloading" . . ie people downloading PARTS not the whole thing of the torrent so they appear as "peers" but who won't actually download anything from you.

A recommendation.. before you are cut off from downloading entirely, download a NEW and POPULAR torrent, doesn't matter what/how only WHEN it was made/uploaded. NEW torrents have many peers who need the data. Download only PART of it and then Files tab, right click, do not download "aka SKIP" the remainder. As the peers connect to the swarm, they will get what you have and you will upload more than you downloaded.... it seems 25-40% completion offers the best bet, as long as you get on the swarm EARLY. Many people use RSS for this purpose though it isn't necessary.

no, im not that new, i just received a dedicated 100/10 line where i host a server i run vnc on. i currently have wait time due to sucky ratio, which im trying to better up with this server.

maybe it could be that no one wants the flicks i took from one of the packs. but then again, the other movies were way shittier :P i tried getting a few packs that had more leechers than seeders, so there should be something uploaded.

heres a screendump:

utorrentdumpvi9.jpg

i am planning to donate like 5€ tomorrow so i can skip waiting times, this will surely enable me to catch on a few swarms of the more popular shit, hence increase my ratio. but this non existing seeding still annoys me ^^

• 1 month later...

If you want to make up some ratio try seeding one of those torrents that is smaller & has 280 or 300 peers and stop the rest.

Downloading that 9.5GB file, just to seed it, is a big mistake. If you don't like tha file, you might delete it before you upload 9.5GB to make up for it. Find a smaller file with lots of leeches and use that. Something like a TV Series. But you got to get it the same night it comes out. This way you can seed to the late leechers.

If you are downloading from a private site, you might have to seed what you download from that site only to that site.

Archived