i'd like to see some totals for sizes on active torrents...

cjard

in the status bar at the bottom, i'd like to see some totals for:

total KB/MB/GB queued to d/l (active leech torrents only, seeding/queued seed not counted)

total KB/MB/GB downloaded (active leech torrents only, seeding/queued seed not counted)

effectively allowing calculation of:

KB/MB/GB remaining to download (and hence ETA at global d/l speed)

disk space remaining on download drive

this way i know whether im gonna be out of space if i leave the PC over the weekend..

at the moment i have to add the columns up manually, and calculate size*percentage to work out how much is completed. its a lot of work with calc.exe and a pain in the ass :)

disk space remaining on download drive

this way i know whether im gonna be out of space if i leave the PC over the weekend..

I already requested that too but some people seem to think its not needed when you can check what you drive(s) have left by opening the explorer or right-clicking the partitons, etc..

For me though the lack of this feature is still the biggest bother in µTorrent, i really hope ludde (the author) will add that at some point as its really a very useful feature for many of us. Other clients have it too and IMO every reason to use a different client just because of one or two features people might be used to should be wiped out to get everyone to use the best BT client ever.:)

• 1 month later...

"disk space remaining on download drive"

Under Preferences -> Torrents there's an option to pre-allocate files.

From FAQ:

"Turning on this option will prevent compact storage and sparse files from working, however. Pre-allocate no longer allocates all files when skipping files, only the ones you choose.

There is little use to pre-allocate except for making sure you have enough space when starting a torrent. It does NOT reduce fragmentation as compared to not using it, since µTorrent ALWAYS allocates the full file when writing to prevent fragmentation, regardless of if pre-allocate is on (unless you use compact storage or sparse files)."

Still, it would be nice to see the remaining disk space.

Archived