Closing utorrent causes downloads to go inactive

leifer16

When I turn my computer off and later turn utorrent back on, whatever files I was downloading have a red X next to them and go to the Inactive status. How do I get them to start back up? I keep selecting the Start button, but nothing happens. Help?

Under General, it says,

"Activity: Error: Files missing from job. Please recheck."

But both torrents are still listed on isohunt, so how could any files be missing just because I turned utorrent off?

Do you really think that shutting down your Mac affects any torrents on a server to get deleted?

Leave the uncomplete files at your download location untouched, don`t rename them, don`t move some of them to a different location. uTorrent tells you that YOUR data (not the torrent`s metadata) has been changed while downloading or while it was closed.

Delete everything except your torrent. Then start downloading again. This should work. If not, post your problem here again.

Well I just realized what the problem is. After I click download for the torrent on isohunt, it changes he file extension to .imported

So instead of House.torrent, it becomes House.torrent.imported

I have no idea why. But I guess that file extension is what makes it not download when I restart the program. I manually changed the file extension back to .torrent, but it immediately changes it back to .imported

Anyone else had this happen?

Yes, I suppose we do all have these eperiences and it`s quite normal :)

This is what happens while uTorrent`s running and gets a torrent file (it searchs automatically for it at the destination you tell). So this is not affected by my first answer, because it happens before the download actually starts.

Did you run the hard-disk services to check your drive? If it`s not you who`s in charge of changing files during/after download, then it may be some corrupt space on your hdd.

I don't know how to do that. The first night I downloaded utorrent, the torrent files were still .torrent extension. The next day, everytime I would download a torrent and the file would start dowloading, I'd go to the folder where utorrent automatically starts downloading from, and all the torrents were .imported file extensions.

What kind of file type is that anyway? It won't even let me manually change the file extension. Weird.

-----------

Edit: Now it lets me manually change them back to .torrent, but I have no idea why they're changing to .imported in the first place.

Sorry, I´ve been busy for a while.

In general, Mac even let`s you change the name of a file while it is being used by another programm. The normal way to change the file extension is the same as to change the file name. Choose the file of your desire and click on it once. Then you press the "Enter" button and you can see that it automatically chooses the "left" part of the whole file name. If you do not like to change this part of the file, then press any arrow button, which lets you change the whole file name including it`s extension.

But the name doesn`t matter at all since the information it contains is equal to any format which your app can handle with. Go and try it by renaming a video file extension to a weird name and open it with VLC, for example...

The case with the *.torrent.imported files shouldn`t worry you that much. These are the files that are automatically imported by uTorrent when you download a torrent file into your specific folder. You can download them into another folder, for example, and then drop them into uTorrent. Then you have your original torrent file and a .torrent.imported file in your specific folder.

When you are changing the file extension of a .torrent.imported in .torrent, uTorrent will automatically rename it in .torrent.imported and download it again...

... when you do not have any parts of a file already being downloaded. It´ll check.

Archived