uTorrent stops when compy inactive?

benjhind

Hello,

I'm finding more and more lately that when I come back to my computer after a long time of being away from it, the "speed" tab shows that DL and UL activity are both under 10kbps. However, after moving the mouse, activity jumps back up to the 200kbps range.

I'm thinking that this is more of a computer issue than a program issue. My computer is an Acer Aspire 3680 running XP Home. I have my power settings as follows:

(when plugged in)

Turn off monitor: after 15 mins

Turn of HD: never

System standby: never

"when I close the lid of my portable computer": Do nothing

I can't help but think this is something to do with my computer, because I doubt that uTorrent keeps track of how often I move my mouse ;)

When I get up in the morning, I open my laptop, and move the mouse. As soon as the screen blinks on, the speed starts picking up on uTorrent (I usually leave the uTorrent screen open so it is the first thing I see).

Help?

Many thanks,

Ben

Hm.

Start > Run > sysdm.cpl > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Advanced

What are the current settings?

As well...

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

Hi Ultima,

Thanks very much for your offer to help here. I actually figured out that this was only happening when the lid to the laptop was closed (even though I kept a mouse script moving the mouse). I don't know why it was working that way, but now I'm leaving the lid open and all is well.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

Ben

Archived