An Apology

IAmSorry

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I have to give you all an apology. I made a foolish mistake. I left my computer running on my way to work today. I thought I had locked it, but apparently I hadn't. The problem is that my younger sister and her bonehead boyfriend arrived early this morning to spend the weekend with me. I have my email passwords saved. It makes it easy for me and I didn't really think anything of it, until I got home today and my sister's idiot boyfriend was smugly going on about how he'd "taught those fools a lesson".

Turns out, he'd accessed my Hotmail account and used that to set up an account here. At least he was smart enough not to use his own account. I'm writing this from a friends house since I can't access the forums from my house anymore. His ignorance has gotten me banned. He stated that "he" was using uTorrent and PeerGuardian and that it had created a conflict and crashed. I wrote down the link to where he said everything.

It's http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=380901

What he said was a lie. He's a 17 yr old high school senior. I found out he was also trying to use my email to send messages to the administrator. I'm sorry for that too. In it he said he was a college kid in a house with a lot of people and was going to convince everyone not to use utorrent, and tell everyone at the college too. I go to college part time, but I'm an Art Major, not computers. I also live alone and this is the only computer here. The computer and email address he used were mine, not his. I have had uTorrent installed for years now and been quite happy with it. I've never had a problem, so I'm guessing he did something that messed it all up. I tried to reinstall uTorrent but it did some weird things.

I tried to respond on the same page he had written everything on, but I couldn't find a way to do it. Weird things are happening with my computer and I'm hoping it's just something he "fixed" and not someone trying to hack it to teach him a lesson. I know that no one here would stand behind an attack, but I can understand if someone were upset because of his stupidity. Please just remember that he used my computer, and yes I was foolish enough to not have made sure it was locked, but I really didn't expect him to get on it, or for my sister to let him be so stupid.

I've changed all my passwords, but felt really guilty that he was able to start a fight because of my mistake. Unfortunately I can't get on from my house anymore, but I am happily printing out the responses that were left under his message so that I can show him and hopefully get him to shut up about it. It may amuse some of you to know I called my mother who is right now calling his mother. I don't know if it will do any good but at least I tried.

So to anyone who was angry or offended, I really am sorry. I just wanted you all to know that it was an arrogant 17 yr old who made those comments, not me. I know many of you will not care one way or another, but my word and sense of honor are very important to me, so I had to get this straightened out.

I hope you all accept my apology.

P.S. I wasn't really sure where I was supposed to post this. I hope this is the right place.

I give up. I tried to do what I thought was the right thing. Guess it really doesn't matter since you don't seem to believe me. But to answer your comments:

2 blank spaces: It's how I was taught in high school. He goes to the same one I went to. So I would suppose it's how he was taught too.

I am older: yes

I ask my mother: no. I said I called my mother. I never said I asked her anything. I called to explain why I was sending my sister back early. She got angry and said she was calling his mother.

Archived