IO Error:1450

darjana

• 8 months later...

I've had the same problem with uTorrent 2.0 Beta build 17539 on Windows XP SP3 (up to date with the latest hotfixes).

This Microsoft's KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304101/en-us seemed to match with the symptoms observed and helped to resolve the problem (I've tried only registry setting 1, set it to 60 and errors disappeared.)

The error seems to be caused by large number (or total size?) of files seeding, it is not related to coalesce writes because it happens when uTorrent read files (seeding or checking.)

In my case, the large number of files was about 70 torrents seeding, most of them with 10-20 files, but some with 4000+ files. Total size is not as large, about 200 Gb.

BTW, the same set of torrents has'nt caused any errors to uTorrent 1.8.4 running on Vista SP1 (however, accessing the folder with 4000+ files have caused performance degradation, sometimes severe.)

So the error seems to be system one, not uTorrent's.

• 2 years later...

Hey Guys! I had the same problem. The problem with hardware was surprising for me, because my PC was relatively new. Moreover, I ran several diagnostic tools, which indicated 100% health of HDD and RAM. I found out that before the problem started I installed Daemon Tools and some extras that came with it.

-------So Here's My Solution-------

Uninstalled Daemon Tools and restarted my computer.

uTorrent works great, 2MB/s)

Hope this will Help)

Archived