Can't get uTorrent to reinstall

IAmSorry

Hi, I can't seem to get uTorrent to reinstall. I'll do my best to give you the computer information first.

-- ISP is Time Warner/RoadRunner

-- Connection speed (in kilobits per second [kbps]) (I used www.speedtest.net, hope that's ok) it said download is 10117 kb/s and upload is 929 kb/s

I don't know if it helps, but it also said Ping: 135ms, Distance: ~150 mi

-- Router make and model, firmware version if you can find it - it's a Motorola SBV5220 (supplied by Time Warner, I don't know the firmware version)

-- TCP/IP patch - yes/no, if yes, patched to how many half-open - no

-- Software firewalls, if any - these cause plenty of problems - PC Tools Firewall Plus Threatfire

-- Antivirus software - AVG Free Edition

I had PeerGuradian installed, but it was uninstalled (by me) a couple of days ago using Windows Add/Remove.

I also have Ad-Aware and Spybot - Search and Destroy installed.

My problem is that uTorrent was removed from my computer and I can't get it to reinstall or work now. I don't know how it was removed or what was done. I've tried searching the forums for an answer but haven't been able to find one.

The first time I tried to go to http://www.utorrent.com/download.php it just showed a blank screen, nothing on it. I closed out my browser and tried again and I was able to see the site. Things went fine and I saved the file to my desktop. I chose the 1.8.2 Stable version from the webpage. Then I tried to double click it and nothing seemed to happen. I opened Task Manager and uTorrent didn't show in there so I tried it again. I noticed that a rectangle starts to appear but is gone right away. It never fully shows up, just sort of an outline. I thought maybe I had a bad download so I deleted it and tried again. Same problem. Tried rebooting and attempted again. Still no good.

I have been having other problems with some programs too. I have gotten some errors about missing DLL's, programs missing critical files, that sort of thing. I've tried to figure out what was removed and deleted and know that some of the programs have been messed with. I was thinking I could just reinstall those programs after I got uTorrent running. (someone else 'worked on' my computer and caused all sorts of trouble)

I thought maybe the files had been uninstalled wrong so I got CCleaner and used it to check the registry. There were some uTorrent things in there listed as problems so I told it to fix it. Rebooted the computer and then tried installing uTorrent again, and still didn't work.

I don't know if this is a uTorrent thing, or a my computer is trashed kind of thing.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Archived