Delete .torrent + Move

Foozle

As a lot of you, I'm sure, I have every file I download in a temporary folder until I decide whether I want to keep it or not. This is a quick and easy way to just get started downloading, so I don't have to navigate my computer to find the correct folder for all that I download. And to be fair, I only keep around 5 percent of it.

The "problem" comes when I decide I want to keep something. Instead of having to click Remove and > Delete .torrent + Data, it would be so handy to have a feature called Remove and > Delete .torrent + Move, where you'd get up a folder browser and could select where you'd want the file. That way, If I have say 500 files in the temp folder, I wouldn't have to pick them out manually and then move them.

I figure this will save me 5 minutes in a month, but it would encourage me to clean up an otherwise messy HD more often. What do you guys think? I know I'd use it constantly.

+1

This Move operation is one feature I really want to go into the software.

If temporary directories isn't implemented (choose dest dir, files are dl to a temp dir then moved when completed to dest. dir.) this feature should be put in so you can dl everything to a temp dir, and the things you want to keep you can choose to move.

Bu I don't want it in the Remove menu. Say that I might want to keep the data but also continue seeding.

Instead put this move operation under the Advanced menu for torrents together with "Set dl location" This is a similar festure but does all operations (stop torrent, move files, recheck, start torrent) for you.

+1

I would love to see this feature, but I requested it a while back and it was shot down because "uTorrent is not a file manager," which i agree with, but then why does it have an option to move files after the download completes?

I really dont think this feature would turn uTorrent into a file manager any more than "Move complete downloads to:" does.

edit: this would also make managing your torrents much much easier when you have many torrents and especially through the WebUI.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived