Default seeding method option (Super-Seeding)

smyle

I think, that superseeding should automatically turn on if tracker says that there is only one seed available. And turn off when tracker says that there is more then one seed available.
The problem with that (and I often find this to be the case) is that the tracker isn't always accurate with the information. Otherwise, I think that'd be a great idea =]

Super-seeding should only be used when you're the only seeder in the swarm. It is not recommended to use it at any other time..
The problem with superseeding mode being automatically turned off when another seeder appears is that in actual practice, many people who complete the torrent just hit-and-run. Or if they stay, they have a super-slow upload rate. In such cases, a persistent superseeding mode that was not automatically turned off would be useful.

To prevent accidental use of superseeding, you could have a checkbox on each torrent to set persistent mode. It would be next to the existing checkbox to turn on superseeding mode. HOWEVER, the persistent mode checkbox would be cleared each time the client is started. This would prevent accidental use by newbies who tend to just "set it and forget it"....

Archived