~uTorrentPartFile question..

track666

so i'm downloading a torrent and i don't want all the files. so i select which ones i want and it works. it's awesome. works just like bitcomet. but it leaves an ugly file like "~uTorrentPartFile_1836C718.dat" in the file folder where they were downloaded.

is there anyway to not have it leave that file behind after i'm don't downloading/seeding? i used to use bitcomet and i guess i'm used to have .bc! for the file until the file is 100% complete, but yeah it would be awesome if they can work on removing the .dat file behind or something.

oh yeah i was wondering also if i'm sharing the file folder on say soulseek with the files i downloaded and the "~uTorrentPartFile_1836C718.dat" file will someone be able to download the .dat file from me and find out information like the torrent or tracker i used?

thanks for the help.

I second that.

ALthough the part file is neccessary to preserve the completeness of the files the user downloaded on the network, the part file is unneccessary after the user has removed the job from uTorrent. An option to remove it automatically after removing the job is desirable.

Archived