adding torrents via url on an email

mikeyb7

Hi

I've been playing with various methods of adding torrents with utorrent, with the aim of making it possible for me to add torrents from my phone, as well as making it possible to add multiple torrents at once using urls (I know its possible with the torrent files).

So far i have set up an email client which automatically adds torrent file attachments to the torrent load folder on my pc. This is very useful, but I want to be able to email the url (or multilple urls separated by a ';' for example) and the email client (or torrent client) automatically adds the torrents to the download queue.

Has this been done before? How would i go about doing it? I think it would involve some sort of string handling on the email side, but how would I be able to add the multiple torrent urls to utorrent?

Interfacing with email accounts won't be happening in µTorrent itself.

What phone are you using? If it can at least support Opera Mini, then you can use MiniUI to add multiple URLs in one go (each URL separated by newlines) -- I just added the feature today in response to this request.

Archived