My ISP Throttles me and proxy's are too slow ((NOW WHAT))

mikeloeven

i used to think my computer was having configuration issues untill i logged onto my work internet they have optimum and i have charter both about the same service package execpt i get several hundred kbps on the optimum connection and only about 10 - 50 kbps down on the charter connection strangly uploading gets full bandwidth on both services. i belive that charter broadband does infact throttle bittorrent download traffic dispite them promising me over the phone that they dont. my question is what to do now. i have tried everything from attempting to overload the isp filters with 50 torrents simultantiously and when that didn't work i went to proxys only to find that they throttle overall bandwidth alot more than my isp and my boss wont let me install a vpn to work. how to you get past isp level throttling withought having to pay those exorbanant rates for broadband proxys. changing isp's isn't a option for me either as charter it is the only one in the area

help me obi wan your my only hope

ok that was too corny and i dont think jedi know much about bittorrent :P

but seriously i need some help

((EDIT))

i already use forced encryption but it doesent seem to help

i tried downloading the alpha but when i launched it the about window still said 1.8.3

((EDIT))

ok i got it workingnow and i am already noticing a decent seed increase can i get my name in the alpha list so i can get the bleeding edge updates like this in the future

Archived