connection closed by peer

Njones

Since the middle of May 2009,I get this message from one torrent site and that site only. When I visited my son in Minneapolis, I tried down loading from that site with his computer and was able to connect with no problem. He came back to Milwaukee and we tried to download with his laptop and got the same "connection closed by peer" message in utorrent. I've talked with my ISP and they claim they are not blocking anything.

utorrent 1.8.3

Vista Home premium 64bit

Firefox

Time warner roadrunner business class Milwaukee

When downloading from this particular site, the torrent won't start downloading with utorrent. The message 'connection closed by peer" comes up. This problem started about 2 months ago.Never had this problem before. My share ratio on that site is 2.80!

Are you talking about a private tracker?

Please tell me where do this message 'connection closed by peer' come up exactly?

If for one reason or another your connection (because of too bad share ratio for instance) is being refused by the tracker (in that case your error message may appear in the status of the tracker tab but I cannot tell exactly because I've never encountered this situation) than the fact that you very likely were having another IP in Minneapolis vs. Milwaukee could be the explanation why it's working at one place and not at the other. Just an assumption based on what I could understand until now... :)

Archived