Hard drive space display

disaksen

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible for you to use a small area on the bottom "Status Bar" to show the exisiting amount of available hard drive space on the drive where the torrents are being downloaded to?

Even better yet, if it could show the space available and the space required to fully download any torrents that have been queued, and are actively downloading.

Example if:

(Space Available = 121.10 GB) (Space Required = 14.08 GB)

Maybe it could look something like: (HD A:121.10 \ R:14.08 GB)

Maybe it's not something you would want to incorporate, but I think it would be nice to have. If I knew anything about coding, I'd try to do it myself (as a plugin), but I haven't a clue how to code.

disaksen

- Drive status display was requested before. A status bar section isn't particularly helpful for users who use multiple drives.

- Total size display has been requested before

(There are no plugins for µTorrent -- at least not in the traditional "general plugin system" sense)

• 6 months later...

The disk properties display total disk space and how much of it is used. That includes all files, even hidden files like pagefile.sys, etc. To view all files on your hard disk, you should to select "Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files".Even that won't show you all disk usage.If you have lots of small files, then a significant amount of disk space can be lost.To understand what I mean, display the properties of a file and you'll notice that it's size usually is smaller that it's size on disk.You can lose almost 4K per file.By default, a 1 byte file requires 4K of disk space.

Archived