Moving File Help

Avabob

I'm using the newest version of uTorrent and downloaded several torrents which were saved to my downloads folder. I would like to move them to another folder on my computer and continue seeding them. Can anyone help me with this? I did a search of the forums, and the suggestions were to stop the torrent, move the files, then in uTorrent, right click the torrent, select advanced, and set download location. Unfortunately, when I right click on any torrent, stopped or not, the only options I have are show in finder, start, force start, stop, remove from list, remove data files, remove torrent files, remove all files, move up, move down, and force re-check. There is no way for me to set the download location. I could potentially provide a screenshot if needed, but I would like some help. I have the mac version, if it makes a difference.

Thanks so much

I have also noticed that that only seems to show up some times. As a last resort, you can remove the torrent, move it, and add it again with the default directory changed. uTorrent will then check the files at the new location, and seed it. However, this should probably only be used as a last resort. Hopefully someone else has a better suggestion.

• 1 year later...

I am having the same problem. I have different folders for movies, TV, comics, etc... but utorrent for Mac seems to only let me save things to my default folder. I can't figure out how to change the path after I move a file and want to keep seeding. Even better would be a dialog box when I open a torrent that asks me where I want to save it.

Azureus was great at doing stuff like that, their dialog box when you opened multiple torrents let you save them to different locations. I like utorrent because it seems to do the actual torrenting better than any other program for Mac. But the file management has a lot to be desired, in fact it seems non-existent unless I am missing something!

Archived