file size under column: Upload is larger than file under column: Size

freddy59

I recently downloaded a file of size 375MB. The downloading does not stop there. It keeps downloading more and beyond as if it is an infinite file never stopping I presume. I couldn't find any information in the documentation about this. Even if I stop it from seeding and try to "open" it, I get an error which says: Unable to load"Nero 9 Ultimate.rar": not enough storage is available to process this command.

I am not sure what to do at this point.

uTorrent opens only .torrent files, that's why you got this error 'not enough storage'.

You have to use a specific software to read/play the data you have downloaded (here a file archiver).

When uT has finished to download a torrent, % column says 100%. What's the value you read?

And uT continues to upload packets, that's seeding (and normal). That's why the upload column can be higher than the download column.

What is the value you read? 100%

1) I haven't quite understood the purpose or meaning of seeding? What am I downloading in addition to the file?

2) This file that I downloaded, has .rar extension. My guess is that the person who posted the file should have also posted .rar opener file. Otherwise, I am not sure where I can go to a trusted site to download an .rar opener. Do you know?

Archived