Strange problem

rotten tom

Essentially, uTorrent works perfectly when I am on the computer (moving the mouse around, checking various websites, etc.) however, 100% of the time I leave my computer idle for more than about two minutes, download speeds as well as upload speeds drop to 0.2 kb/s or something. Then, upon using the computer again, they seem to start rising again until they're normal. I am using a dual-booted macbook pro on windows xp. Is there some setting I am not aware of that shuts down the wireless card or something while the computer is (somewhat) inactive? Thanks,

-rt

you might look to see if your network adapter setting is under power saver basically when your comp sleeps it turns your adapter off and when you wake the comp up it turns the adapter back on i dont know much about mac im looking into getting one myself i do know that xp has that option

I may experience same problems with the recent 1.8.4 builds. Here, I use Cfos Speed for traffic shaping, thus I used to ran upload at unlimited.

I never had a problem before, but now with this newer builds, upload drops sometimes towards 0.0kb/s. However, recovers then later on back to max upload speed.

Workaround for me ATM: I limit upload beyond my max. upload, then I dont suffer from sudden upload drops and bumps.

BTW, 'Global Upload Rate Limiting' 'Automatic' unticked.

Edit: Nope, Upload speed drops suddenly with limited speed as well :-(

Edit2: I went back to Version 1.8.4 (build 16150). I looks fine now, I have not noticed any drops yet. Although I cannot stare at the speed all the time - I'll report more after a few days.

Edit3: It is stable now. So, problem has to do with newer build, 16381. May occurs in 16301 and 16286 as well. BTW, im on Win7 64-bit.

Archived