utorrent on my mac

nyczmic

I've recently purchased a macbook pro and installed the new utorrent for mac beta. The thing is whenever i click the torrent on servers such as btjunkie the website will stay loading and the torrent will not even show up on utorrent ready to download. Its not just btjunkie but other trackers as well. I was wondering how i could fix this problem so if i click a torrent on a server it will show up on my utorrent and start downloading without any further problems.

Let's see if I can help you on this, as I am a newbie to Mac (as of June 09). First off I use Firefox 3.5 as my browser, so when I am at btjunkie, and click on a file to download, a small window pops up from Firefox asking me one of two things: Do I want to open file with an application, i.e. uTorrent, or do I want to save it to a location on my disk. I usually open the file I am downloading with the default selection: open with uTorrent, when I do that, uTorrent automatically opens, and starts the D/L process. Make sure you select a location in the uTorrent settings, so you know where everything is located. Hope this helps...

p.s. Make sure your port is forwarded properly...

Archived