Reproducible: Create torrent from folder with no tracker does not work

bumpycars

uTorrent 1.8.4 and 1.8.5, same behaviour.

Have data in a folder, want to turn the folder into a torrent.

File, create new torrent.

Specify the folder

DO NOT specify trackers

Click on Create....

'You did not specify any trackers... do you want to continue"

It is at the above box, pressing Yes does the same as pressing No - nothing.

Can't reproduce the problem here, testing both 1.8.4 and 1.8.5. What OS?

a) get HijackThis from www.trendmicro.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from www.sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

It was getting late:

At the Create New Torrent dialog, with a folder selected, the exact message is:

"Please enter a valid tracker URL. Do you want to continue without having any trackers?"

Yes / No

Clicking on No of course brings one back to the Create New Torrent dialog.

Clicking on Yes also brings one back to the Create New Torrent dialog.

I would think at this point, as it has in the past, the application would instead go about creating the .torrent file. I create trackerless torrents on a semi-regular basis.

One thing which is different, is here is the structure which I am giving uTorrent for the data:

Create a torrent for:

\Folder

which contains three folders

\Folder\Disk1

\Folder\Disk2

\Folder\Disk3

Folder itself contains only the three folders

The three folders contain the data files.

I will do some more testing when I have time and get back to you. As I wrote the behaviour was the same with both the release of 1.8.4 and 1.8.5.

edit:

Got it.

When the source data is set up in windows (XP) in the account I use, and moved into the profile folder of the account running uTorrent and other processes, the permissions don't change. So the uTorrent account does not have access to the folder(s).

Instead of uTorrent displaying the error 'Permission denied', which would have clued me in immediately to the problem, there is no error at all.

The process of creating the torrent, after clicking the button labeled 'Yes', should either create the .torrent, or kick back the error 'Access Denied'.

Archived