All downloads stop?

matty0500

Hey everyone,

I've been using utorrent on my mac for a while now, and i haven't been having any trouble until about the last 2 weeks. Whenever i start a download, it will connect to peers and start downloading fine, but after about a minute the download will stop. This happens with every download. Any suggestions as to why this might be happening?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all, I think I found a solution for this. If you go to the preferences (uTorrent - Preferences), and under your downloads tab the Default download location is not a folder icon, but instead a piece of paper icon, you have to change it. Let me explain: I save my torrents to an external hard drive, so I set the Default download location to that drive. I think when snow leopard installed, it reset where the computer says the drive is, or something, so uTorrent was trying to save the files to a drive that computer-wise, doesn't exist. The fix that worked for me was changing the Default download location to "other", then selecting the same location I had last time (ie: the same location on the same external hard drive). Now, the icon for that folder should be an actual folder, rather than the paper. Worked for me, hope it works for you!

Archived