a possible solution for "access denied"

jj 09

Two things first, one, this is not really a bug but I felt this was the appropriate forum for it, two, I'm a newb when it comes to pc's ;)

A while ago I started getting "access denied" messages about 5-30 seconds after I started a download. I used the faq section on this website for the problem but nothing seemed to work, so I decided if I could find something.

After a while I found the problem, because of some troubles with my pc, I removed one of my users. However, with removing the user I removed the folder in which the finished files were stored. So all I had to do was switch the output folder and the problem was fixed. I don't know if this was of any help, but I posted it anyway since I spent three hours trying to fix this problem ;)

ps: I use vista

Yeah, access denied issues generally fall under permissions issues for the directory in question -- that includes directories that belong to other users. Not really a bug, though, so I'm not sure why you'd post this under Found Bugs, but thanks for the contribution anyway!

Archived