Bit Torrent 6.3 Default Trackers Issue

Lyniaer

Nope. It was just downloading from the Ubuntu Tracker. Which was very fast, by the way, but that was considering there were over 800 seeders on that Tracker. DHT, LPD and PE showed there were Seeders and Peers, lots, but the "Downloaded" slot remained at 0 all the way through; meaning it wasn't getting a lickin' thing from them.

2h7nhwp.png

Under "Downloaded" on the DHT, LPD and PE trackers it shows 0 for a particular file I'm downloading. It shows 0 on every torrent I try to download. Wasn't doing that before. If I try to download a torrent that has no trackers of its own it will not download. The only way I'm getting anything is through embedded trackers in the torrent file regardless of the fact that the default trackers for BitTorrent say "Working" and clearly show a number of Peers and Seeders.

Keep in mind this is just a sample of 1 torrent. There's another torrent I'm downloading that has over 100 peers and a few dozen seeders...still can't get any pieces to download from DHT, LPD and PE...'just' the embedded trackers.

I really hope you realize that "Downloaded" is a tracker statistic that counts how many users have finished downloading the torrent on that particular tracker. The statistic has absolutely no bearing on your own download speeds.

If you're getting crap download speeds, then it can simply be that the peers you're connected to don't have the pieces you're looking for (see the torrent's availability), or the peers with the pieces that you do need aren't uploading to you for whatever reason (there can be plenty of reasons). Then there's always the possibility that Comcast is throttling you.

Eh. Every now and then I grab a torrent that comes flying at me at 1mb/sec. That can't be it. Maybe it's just the old-as-shit-no-one-remembers-or-cares-about type stuff I've been downloading lately. Handful of people have it, if that.

Still not working...

Nothing to do with download speeds. I'm not whining about speed like a million others. I'm not connecting to people through the default trackers. The only way I'm able to download anything is through the built-in trackers in the torrent I'm downloading at that time........

Archived